|Security is crucial for remote control and remote assistance software. RapidAssist was designed with security at the forefront, and has unique features that help protect you and your customers.|
|Key Security Features
- 128 bit encryption of sensitive data.
- Not a "Port to Port" product that will compromise network security.
- All connections are outbound, and only at the request of the user.
- All actions take place in full view of the end user.
- Requires authorization from the end user before allowing access.
- Requires further authorization before allowing remote control permission.
- The user may terminate remote control, or the entire session, at any time.
- Technicians authenticate with a user name and password.
- When the session is completed, nothing remains “listening” on the user’s computer to accept another connection. A new session may only be started at the explicit request of the user.
|Establishing the Connection|
|A typical session begins with a user clicking on a web link on a web page or in an email. An ActiveX control on the web page initiates a download of the required software if it is not already present, and instructs the software to connect to the desired server. At this point the user is merely connected and has not given authorization for the technician to view or control the computer.|
|Granting Remote-View Permission|
|When the technician attempts to establish a connection with the user, RapidAssist will ask for the user’s permission before allowing the technician to view the user’s screen. If granted, the technician will be able to view the user’s screen and draw on the user’s screen, but not control the mouse or keyboard. Most problems can be resolved without requiring further permissions.|
|Granting Remote-Control Permission|
|If the technician requests to share control of the user’s mouse and keyboard, RapidAssist will again request permission from the user. If at any time the user is uncomfortable with the technician having remote-control permission, simply pressing the “Pause/Break” key will terminate remote-control permission.|
|Terminating the Connection|
|The connection may be terminated either by the technician or the end user. After the connection is terminated, nothing remains “listening” on the computer to respond to a later request. A new connection can only be established at the explicit request of the end user.|
|RapidAssist allows support technicians to quickly and securely provide users with instant help and training. Because of its unique, secure architecture RapidAssist is the support tool chosen by corporate, government, medical, financial, and educational support teams.|
|Click here to learn how RapidAssist can help your organization.|